- Preheat a large pan on medium high heat, add the oil then the onion.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, then add the garlic and red pepper flakes and stir.
- Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Cook the beef until brown, breaking up into small chunks.
- Add the linguica and cook for 1 minute, using a spatula to break up the chunks.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and beef broth.
- Add the sugar and bay leaf.
- Stir and allow it to come to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring a couple of times during this period.
- While sauce simmers, cook spaghetti according to package direction.
- Drain the spaghetti and serve the sauce over the pasta, garnished with chopped basil.
*Ground linguica is precooked sausage. If you are substituting with an uncooked sausage, add it to the skillet at the same time as the ground beef.
Please Leave a Comment
You might also like
This penne pasta with chicken is very creamy and delicious, it does take a little while to make, but it is worth it.
|Level of Difficulty||Moderate|
This Portuguese style pasta with clams and chouriço recipe is easy to prepare and makes for a very tasty dish.
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
This amazing Portuguese style pasta with shrimp recipe (receita de massa com camarão) is very quick to make and makes a great week night meal.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|