Portuguese Chouriço (Sausage) Omelette Recipe
Posted in: BreakfastWed, Aug 3, 2016
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
Views: 19239 - Comments 0
This is a delicious Portuguese recipe for an asparagus and chouriço Omelette.
|Preparation time||5 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||20 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1/2 lbs asparagus spears3 tablespoons olive oil1 chouriço sausage, sliced thinly2 garlic cloves chopped5 eggs2 chopped onionsSalt and Pepper to taste Get Portuguese ingredients
- Chop up the asparagus pieces into thirds.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and add the asparagus and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- In another saucepan, place 2 tablespoons of olive oil along with the onions and let it cook on low heat for about 7 minutes.
- After the asparagus has cooked add them to the saucepan with the onions along with the garlic and chourico sausage pieces and let them saute while stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Now whisk some eggs in a bowl until they have a good consistency. Add the asparagus and chouriço mixture to this bowl and season with the salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, add the rest of the olive oil and add the egg and asparagus mixture to the pan and cook it on high heat until browned. Do not let it overcook.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe & Photo Credit: easyportugueserecipes.com
Member since Oct 1, 2015