This delicious Portuguese cavacas recipe is sweet with a hint of lemon on the outside, soft and eggy on the inside.
|Preparation time||25 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 cups of flour1 cup of vegetable oil8 eggs at room temp1⁄2 cup milkSugar Glaze:2 cups of confectioner’s sugarZest of one lemon3 tablespoons of milk or more if needed Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Grease regular size muffin tins or popover tins.
- Using an electric mixer or stand mixer (on level 6) beat all ingredients for at least 20 minutes without stopping. Fill the muffin or popover tins no more than half way.
- Place on the middle rack. For moist Cavacas, bake for about 45 minutes; for dry Cavacas bake for 1 hour.
- Combine all of the glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.
- While the Cavacas are still warm, spoon the glaze over each one or just submerge each one in the glaze.
- Serve on the same day since they will dry even more for the following day.