- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Grease regular size muffin tins or popover tins.
- Using an electric mixer or stand mixer (on level 6) beat all ingredients for at least 20 minutes without stopping. Fill the muffin or popover tins no more than half way.
- Place on the middle rack. For moist Cavacas, bake for about 45 minutes; for dry Cavacas bake for 1 hour.
- Combine all of the glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.
- While the Cavacas are still warm, spoon the glaze over each one or just submerge each one in the glaze.
- Serve on the same day since they will dry even more for the following day.
You might also like
This Portuguese lime pudding recipe (receita de pudim de limão) is very easy to prepare and tastes amazing.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
Portuguese almond dessert (doce de amendoa) recipe. Almonds are a popular part of many traditional desserts in Portugal.
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
How to make Portuguese orange mousse (Mousse de Laranja).
|Level of Difficulty||Moderate|