Portuguese Maria Cookies Ice-cream Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesSat, Aug 6, 2016
4 out of 5 with 13 ratings
Views: 29270 - Comments 0
1 package of Maria cookies (7 oz)1 can of sweetened condensed milk1 pint of heavy whipping cream (very cold)2 cups of strong coffee (to submerge the cookies) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Whisk the heavy cream with an electric mixer until the cream holds its shape.
- Add the condensed milk and whisk just until combined.
- In the meantime, prepare the coffee and let it cool down completely.
- In a round pirex (around 9 cups) with cover (or other bakeware with lid and able to go to the freezer), start shaping the cake layer by layer.
- In the bottom add some cream mixture.
- Submerging the cookies one by one on the coffee for a couple of seconds (the cookie must keep its shape, just submerge to smooth it a little and get the coffee flavor), display them in a circle (one in center and others around) in the pan.
- Repeat the procedure (1 layer of cream, another of cookies) until you run out of cream. The last layer should be cream.
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours.
- To serve, warm up the covered frozen pan in hot water to easily turn it upside down on a plate.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Teresa, deliciouswordflux.com