Portuguese Chouriço Omelete Recipe
Posted in: Breakfast RecipesWed, Aug 10, 2016
4 out of 5 with 18 ratings
2 tablespoons unsalted butter4 oz. chopped chouriço or linguiça2 eggs, whisked with ¼ tsp. of turmeric, if desired2 teaspoons chopped fresh chivesSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- In a low-sided, non-stick omelet pan, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add the chouriço and lightly brown for three minutes, turning frequently.
- Add salt and pepper to the eggs and whisk well.
- When the chouriço is browned, push to the middle of the pan and slowly pour in the eggs.
- Shake the pan lightly to let the eggs spread out.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the eggs settle, raising the edges with a spatula, from time to time, to allow the liquid to run off to the sides.
- When most of the liquid solidifies, sprinkle with the chives, carefully fold over and let sit for 30 seconds to a minute.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!