Amazing Portuguese style grilled red snapper with parsley sauce.
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 whole red snapper (2.2 lb or 1 kg), cleaned, trimmed2 garlic cloves, mincedJuice of ½ lemonSea or coarse salt (to taste)Freshly ground pepper (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)Parsley Sauce:½ cup of extra virgin olive oil2 tbsp of red wine vinegar4 tbsp of minced red onion½ cup of chopped parsley2 tbsp of capers1 garlic clove, chopped Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat barbecue or broiler to hot.
- Make parsley sauce in a bowl by whisking together the oil, vinegar, onion, parsley, capers and garlic and set aside.
- Season the fish with garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and brush or drizzle with oil.
- Grill or broil fish for five minutes a side.
- Transfer to heated platter, spread with parsley sauce, and serve.
You might also like:
Porto, like the rest of Portugal, is a seafood paradise. No matter the season, there’s always a good reason to head out in search of delectable shellfish or perfectly grilled finfish (sardines, anyone?), and if you...
This Portuguese torresmos brancos (fried pork belly) is quite simple and all you need is three ingredients: water, coarse sea salt and thickly cut pork belly pieces.
In this video Pedro Ramos shows you how to make a seafood cataplana (a popular dish from the Algarve region).