Portuguese Pot Roast (Alcatra) Recipe
- Grease the inside lining of the pot with the half stick of butter.
- In a small bowl cut the rump roast into medium sized cubes and spread the salt and pepper over them evenly.
- Place the roast cubes in the greased pot.
- Now add the onion, bay leaves, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns, garlic, bacon and tomato paste.
- Cover the pot with the wine and water. Mix the ingredients together well.
- Cover the pot with foil; and place in the oven at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for about 4 hours.
- At the 4 hour mark turn the heat down to 310 degrees Fahrenheit, flip over the roast and mix the ingredients a bit. Continue to cook another 4 hours.
- Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool down for about 10-15 minutes.
You Might Also Like These