Fire up your grill and cook the tasty garlic, chili and lemon marinated chicken for this burger.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||10 min|
|Ready In||25 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice1 teaspoon olive oil1/2 teaspoon dried hot chili flakes1 small garlic clove, crushed1 (about 130g) chicken thigh fillet, excess fat trimmed1 tablespoon good-quality whole-egg mayonnaise1/4 teaspoon crushed garlic, extra1 crusty bread roll or bun, split2 baby lettuce leaves, washed, dried1 small ripe tomato, thinly sliced Get Portuguese ingredients
- Place the lemon juice, oil, chilli flakes and garlic in a medium glass or ceramic bowl. Season with salt. Whisk to combine. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Combine the mayonnaise and extra garlic in a small bowl. Taste and season with pepper.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Drain the chicken from the marinade. Cook on grill for 5 minutes each side or until chicken is just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Place the bread roll, cut-side up, on a baking tray and cook under the grill for 2 minutes or until toasted.
- Place the bread roll base on a serving plate. Spread with half the mayonnaise mixture. Top with lettuce, tomato, chicken and the remaining mayonnaise mixture. Season with pepper. Top with remaining bread roll.
- Serve immediately.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Every year in July the city of Águeda bursts with colour and cheerfulness.
Influenced by Mediterranean cuisine, Portuguese fare heavily relies on seafood. From crispy whole sardines to dried and salted cod, these are the dishes to try in Lisbon and beyond.
Top 10 Ingredients most Used in Portuguese cuisine. Portuguese cuisine is known for its use of fresh, high-quality ingredients that reflect the country's coastal location and rich culinary history.