Portuguese Chicken Burger Recipe
- Place the lemon juice, oil, chilli flakes and garlic in a medium glass or ceramic bowl. Season with salt. Whisk to combine. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Combine the mayonnaise and extra garlic in a small bowl. Taste and season with pepper.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Drain the chicken from the marinade. Cook on grill for 5 minutes each side or until chicken is just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Place the bread roll, cut-side up, on a baking tray and cook under the grill for 2 minutes or until toasted.
- Place the bread roll base on a serving plate. Spread with half the mayonnaise mixture. Top with lettuce, tomato, chicken and the remaining mayonnaise mixture. Season with pepper. Top with remaining bread roll.
- Serve immediately.
You Might Also Like These