Portuguese Caldo Verde with Smoked Linguiça Recipe
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Aug 15, 2016
4 out of 5 with 65 ratings
1 kg of potatoes1 clove of garlic crushed1 pack of thinly cut, collard greens or 400 grams of kale leaves500 grams of smoked linguica sausage cut into slices1 spoon of olive oilSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- In a pot with enough water, cook the peeled potatoes with some salt.
- When the potatoes are cooked, place them in the blender with the water, blend until they become smooth and creamy and put aside.
- In another pot with olive oil, sauté the garlic and lightly fry the linguica.
- Add the blended potato cream.
- Check the salt, add pepper and collard greens or kale, mix well and let it cook until the collard greens or kale is cooked.