Portuguese Seafood Rice Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesWed, Aug 17, 2016
4 out of 5 with 73 ratings
1 onion3 cloves of garlic1 bay Leaf2 tablespoons of tomato paste1 ripe tomato1 cube of seafood or fish broth1/4 red hot chilli pepper without seeds or hot sauce (to taste)Coriander (to taste)Salt (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)2 1/2 cups rice1 kg of varied seafood (shrimp, mussels, clams)8 and 1/2 cups of water * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Heat up a pot with the water seasoned with salt to a boil.
- Boil shrimps with shell for about 3 minutes, keep the water.
- Devein the shrimp (keep a few with shell for garnish) and add the shells and heads to the cooking water.
- Boil a few minutes and filter, discarding the shells and heads.
- Dissolve the cube of seafood broth in the shrimp ater and put aside.
- Braise the onions and minced garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Join the bay leaf, the tomatoes without the seeds, the tomato sauce and the chilli pepper.
- Let it simmer a while.
- Add the shrimp broth and let it boil.
- Add the rice, bring to a boil, lower the heat and let it boil for 10/15 minutes until almost cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the clams and mussels in 2 pots with 1 tablespoon of water and remove from the heat when they open, discard the ones that don't open.
- Add the shrimp, clams and mussels to the rice and let it cook another 5/10 minutes at medium heat. Add more broth if necessary.
- Garnish with the shelled shrimp and corriander and serve.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!