A Portuguese dish that is very popular because of its unbelievable flavor and crispy texture.
|Preparation time||1 h|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||1 h 15 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1/2 pound of pork fillets2 eggs, beaten1/2 cup breadcrumbs1/4 cup flour1 cup vegetable oil4 garlic cloves, crushedsalt and pepper to taste1 lemon sliced into quarters Get Portuguese ingredients
- Add the pork fillets to a bowl along with the crushed garlic and salt and pepper to taste to marinate. Let it sit for about an hour.
- Now beat the eggs together in a bowl, and in another bowl place the breadcrumbs. In another bowl add the flour.
- Then roll the fillets first in the flour, then the beaten egg, and finally in the breadcrumbs on both sides.
- Then pour vegetable oil into a deep frying pan. Fry the steaks one by one in the pan on high heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Once done, place the fillets on a platter with paper towels to let them dry.
- Serve on a platter with the sliced lemon quarters for extra flavor.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg shows you how to make the popular and delicious Portuguese sweet bread (massa sovada).
Within Portugal's south-western border lies the Algarve region, which is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe.
Welcome back to Travel, Eat, Repeat hosted by Iz Harris! On today's episode, Iz is in beautiful Porto, Portugal to have more egg tarts and the francesinha sandwich.