Portuguese Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Posted in: Side RecipesSun, Aug 21, 2016
4 out of 5 with 18 ratings
3 pounds of small potatoes, finely sliced1 tablespoon of salt2 large onions, thinly sliced4 cloves of garlic, chopped1 jar of roasted red peppers3 tablespoons of olive oil1 (8 ounce) package of shredded cheddar or your favorite cheeseSalt and pepper (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water with the salt for about 10 minutes, drain and set aside. Note: The potatoes are thin so they may cook faster. Don’t over cook or they will fall apart.
- Cook the onions and garlic in a medium heaving skillet with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Drain the roasted peppers from the jar and slice them into your desired size. Add them to the onions and garlic to heat them through.
- Grease a medium oven safe deep dish with the remaining olive oil. Begin layering first with half of the potatoes, then top evenly with 1/2 of the onions and 1/2 of cheese.
- Add salt and pepper between layers if desired. Finish the remaining layer and top with the rest of cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!