Portuguese Beef and Onions Recipe
Posted in: Beef
Thu, Aug 25, 2016, 22:33, 2 Years ago
5 out of 5 with 4 ratings
1 tablespoon of olive oil1 lb of beef steak, cut into very thin slices (rump, sirloin, fillet)2 large onions, thinly sliced2 garlic cloves, crushed1 lb of tomatoes, chopped1 tablespoon of parsley, freshly Chopped1 bay leafSalt and black pepper (to taste)Coriander, freshly chopped to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan until very hot, add the beef and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, tomatoes, parsley, and bay leaf, season with salt and pepper and heat to simmering point.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, raise the heat, bring to a boil and continue to boil rapidly, uncovered for 5 minutes to reduce the amount of liquid. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with fresh coriander.