These finely sliced livers are marinated with very simple ingredients, this simplicity results in the livers keeping their own intense flavor and rich texture.
|Ready In||2 h 55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 lbs. pork or calf liver3 tablespoons butter4 garlic cloves, minced1 bay leaf1 bay leaf1 tablespoon vinegar1/2 lbs. potatoes1 tablespoon parsley, choppedSalt and pepper to taste Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the liver into thin slices and place in a bowl to marinate with white wine, vinegar, minced garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste. Let it marinate for about 3-4 hours.
- Boil the potatoes in a saucepan with water with their skin. Once they are done, remove the skin and slice them thinly.
- In a frying pan, add the slices of liver and place it on medium heat. Cook them in the butter until they are well browned.
- Pour the marinade into the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Immediately serve on a plate and accompany with the sliced potatoes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve while hot.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Lisbon is one of Europes most historic and up and coming cities, and with new chefs, both local and international, making waves in modern Portuguese cuisine, here ere are some suggestions for restaurants to try...
Steve Cha (aka Rockstar Eater) tries Portuguese food for the first time, at Natas Pastries in Sherman Oaks (Los Angeles, California).
On this video, chef Rick who was a guest on Spokane Public Library, shows you how to make a delicious Portuguese bean soup.