Portuguese Chicken Gizzards (Moelas) Recipe
Posted in: Chicken RecipesSun, Aug 28, 2016
4 out of 5 with 59 ratings
- Clean the gizzards of skins and fats, wash them and drain them.
- Cut the gizzards into pieces.
- Cut the chourico into thick cubes.
- In a pan with the olive oil, sauté the onions, garlic and bay leaves.
- Mid way through the sauté, add the chourico and let it cook a little longer.
- Add the gizzards.
- Season with a little salt, add the chili peppers and cook a little.
- Add the tomato paste, pour in the white wine and water.
- Cover and cook 30 to 40 minutes until tender.