Portuguese Butter Cookies Recipe
Posted in: Cookie RecipesMon, Aug 29, 2016
3 out of 5 with 43 ratings
- In a bowl, mash the butter and sugar.
- After the butter and sugar are well mixed, add the lemon zest and egg yolks.
- Knead well .
- Finally, add the flour and knead more.
- Place the dough on the counter and make a ball.
- Extend it with the rolling pin to about 4mm thick.
- Cut biscuits with a cookie cutter or a glass.
- Place the biscuits on trays greased with butter and sprinkled with flour.
- Sprinkle the cookies with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven at 425ºF for 10 minutes.
- When the cookies turn a golden color, remove and let cool.
- Once cold they are ready to serve.