Learn how to make these delicious crispy Portuguese cookies.
1/2 cup of butter1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons of sugar2 and 1/2 cups of flourZest of 1 lemon2 egg yolksSugar for dustingGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- In a bowl, mash the butter and sugar.
- After the butter and sugar are well mixed, add the lemon zest and egg yolks.
- Knead well .
- Finally, add the flour and knead more.
- Place the dough on the counter and make a ball.
- Extend it with the rolling pin to about 4mm thick.
- Cut biscuits with a cookie cutter or a glass.
- Place the biscuits on trays greased with butter and sprinkled with flour.
- Sprinkle the cookies with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven at 425ºF for 10 minutes.
- When the cookies turn a golden color, remove and let cool.
- Once cold they are ready to serve.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
There are no comments for this recipe.