Learn how to make these delicious crispy Portuguese cookies.
|Preparation time||25 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1/2 cup of butter1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons of sugar2 and 1/2 cups of flourZest of 1 lemon2 egg yolksSugar for dusting Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a bowl, mash the butter and sugar.
- After the butter and sugar are well mixed, add the lemon zest and egg yolks.
- Knead well .
- Finally, add the flour and knead more.
- Place the dough on the counter and make a ball.
- Extend it with the rolling pin to about 4mm thick.
- Cut biscuits with a cookie cutter or a glass.
- Place the biscuits on trays greased with butter and sprinkled with flour.
- Sprinkle the cookies with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven at 425ºF for 10 minutes.
- When the cookies turn a golden color, remove and let cool.
- Once cold they are ready to serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Tomatoes freeze very well, so if you have a large quantity of tomatoes from your garden, this article is for you.
Lisbon is one of Europes most historic and up and coming cities, and with new chefs, both local and international, making waves in modern Portuguese cuisine, here ere are some suggestions for restaurants to try...
On this video, Michael Santos from Just Cook with Michael Santos shows you how to make Portuguese flame grilled chouriço (chouriço a bombeiro) step by step.