Portuguese Pear Jam Recipe
Posted in: Breakfast / Brunch
Aug 31, 2016
5 out of 5 with 3 ratings
3 lbs of ripe pears2 cups of sugarJuice of 1 lemon1/4 cup of white port wine1 cinnamon stickZest of 1 lemon Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- In a saucepan place the sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon stick, lemon juice, white port wine and 1/2 cup of water.
- Stir everything well.
- Peel the pears and cut them into small cubes into the pan.
- Stir so that the pears don't become black.
- Heat the pan and put the lid without covering completely.
- Simmer over low heat about 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Stir occasionally so it doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Check the consistency, if you drag a spoon along the pan and it leaves a trail, the jam is ready.
- Turn off the heat, let it cool and place the jam in jars.