This cake is wonderful with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h|
|Ready In||1 h 20 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour3/4 cup granulated sugar1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder1/2 teaspoon baking soda1/4 teaspoon salt2 eggs2/3 cup plain yogurt1/4 cup butter, melted1/2 teaspoon almond extract3 apples, peeled and thinly sliced1/4 cup almonds, sliced3 tablespoons granulated sugar3/4 teaspoon cinnamon Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Stir into the eggs, yogurt, butter and almond extract.
- Stir wet ingredients into the flour mixture just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Arrange apples over the batter.
- For the topping; combine almonds, sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle the topping over the apples.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
You might also like:
Trying Portuguese Food in the Algarve. It's our final day here in Portugal and we through we would head out and try some of the local Portugal food.
How to make pataniscas de bacalhau, a traditional Portuguese dish made with salted codfish (bacalhau) and a batter made from flour, eggs, and herbs.
Portugal is undoubtedly one of the most under-rated vacation destinations in all of Europe. It is a beautiful country with a rich history and culture, as well as a warm and welcoming climate.
On this video, Nancy shows you how to make delicious Portuguese almond tarts (queijadas de amêndoa).
Highlights of some of the major touristic locations near Fatima which is composed of unforgettable experiences: the history of the Monastery of Batalha, be fascinated by the breathtaking views of Nazaré and enjoy...
Azores - an extremely green and isolated place, with a unique climate and ecstatic scenery. In this episode we will travel to San Miguel, Faial, Flores Islands and see what the largest endemic collection of plants...