Portuguese Almond Apple Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesWed, Aug 31, 2016
3 out of 5 with 37 ratings
Views: 33162 - Comments 2
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour3/4 cup granulated sugar1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder1/2 teaspoon baking soda1/4 teaspoon salt2 eggs2/3 cup plain yogurt1/4 cup butter, melted1/2 teaspoon almond extract3 apples, peeled and thinly sliced1/4 cup almonds, sliced3 tablespoons granulated sugar3/4 teaspoon cinnamon Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Stir into the eggs, yogurt, butter and almond extract.
- Stir wet ingredients into the flour mixture just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Arrange apples over the batter.
- For the topping; combine almonds, sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle the topping over the apples.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe & Photo Credit: thedragonskitchen.com *
JVIEIRA - 10 Months ago
This looks really good. I’m gonna try it! I wonder if it would be good with Carmel on it?
[reply] (+1) (-0)
Feel free to experiment.
10 Months ago (+0) (-0)