Portuguese Squid Stew Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesFri, Sep 2, 2016
3 out of 5 with 94 ratings
4 lbs of squid1 cup of olive oil2 onions, chopped2 garlic cloves, chopped1 tablespoon of parsley1 teaspoon of paprika1 lb of tomatoes, chopped1 teaspoon of tomato paste1/2 cup of red or white wine1 lb of potatoes1 cup of waterSalt and pepper (to taste)1 Portuguese ceramic cooking pot * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Wash and slice the squid properly to remove the meat.
- In the ceramic pot (or saucepan), add the onion, garlic, 1/2 cup olive oil, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste and cook on medium heat.
- Once the onions begin to brown add the squid and let them cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now add in the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, red or white wine, and the rest of the olive oil to the saucepan and stir it well.
- De-skin the potatoes and slice them into halves and add them to the saucepan along with a cup of water.
- Cover the pan and let it cook until the potatoes are done, stirring occasionally.
- Once done, serve in bowls.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!