Azores Roasted Chouriço & Potatoes Recipe
Posted in: Pork RecipesWed, Sep 7, 2016
4 out of 5 with 40 ratings
3 lbs of small potatoes (peeled)3/4 cup of olive oil2 tablespoons of paprika1 cup of white wine2 medium sized onions, chopped6 cloves of garlic, chopped2 bay leavesChicken broth (to taste)2 tablespoons of tomato paste4 chouriço sausages (about 2 lbs)Salt and pepper (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Preheat the oven to 260°C or 500°F.
- Peel the potatoes and place them in a bowl of water while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Mix the paprika in the olive oil, blend it well and set aside.
- In a roasting pan (I use a 9" x 13" x 2" Pyrex), add the wine, onions, garlic, bay leaves and tomato paste. Be sure to blend all the ingredients well.
- Space out the chouriço links in the the roasting pan, then the potatoes equally around and between them.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the olive oil/paprika mixture.
- Add as much chicken broth as needed until the liquid half covers the potatoes.
- Place it in the oven until it boils, then reduce the temperature to 180°C or 350°F and continue cooking for another 30 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes and chouriço over and continue cooking for another 15 to 30 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then cut up the chouriço and return it to the pan. Coat everything with the juices.
- Serve with a hearty red wine and a good crusty bread.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!