Portuguese Cod Rice Recipe
Posted in: Side RecipesFri, Sep 9, 2016
5 out of 5 with 10 ratings
Views: 13339 - Comments 0
1 medium size piece of bacalhau (salted cod)1 onion, chopped3 garlic cloves, chopped4 sprigs of leeks, sliced6 tablespoons of olive oil1 & 1/2 cups riceChopped green onions for garnish Get Portuguese ingredients
- Soak a medium size piece of cod for 2/3 days and change water a few times.
- Boil water and insert piece of cod for approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Do not over cook cod.
- In a pan, saute onion, garlic and leeks in the olive oil on medium heat for approximately 4 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add cod and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water and let it boil.
- Add rice, preferably basmati, cover and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Once done, transfer it to a dish and garnish with the chopped green onions.
- Mix well and serve.
Recipe & Photo Credit: easyportugueserecipes.com