Portuguese Linguiça Clam Cakes Recipe
Posted in: Appetizers
Sep 12, 2016
3 out of 5 with 354 ratings
2 cups of flour1 teaspoon of baking powder1/2 teaspoon of onion powder1 and 1/2 teaspoons of salt¼ teaspoon of black pepper1 teaspoon of sugar1 egg¾ cup of clam juice¼ cup of milk8 oz. ( ½ pound) of chopped clams, cooked and drained1/2 cup of linguiça or chouriço
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- It is not necessary to cook the linguica or chourico before adding to batter.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the egg, clam juice, and milk.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, a little at a time, stirring well until the mixture is sticky.
- Mix in clams and linguica or chourico.
- Drop by tablespoon into medium hot oil in a deep fryer or heavy skillet. A good starting temperature is 375 degrees.
- The clam cakes will float; turn them over gently as they rise to fully cook both sides. Do not overload the cooker, as this will reduce heat too much. Drain on paper towels. These are best while still warm, but can be served at room temperature as well.