Portuguese Linguiça Clam Cakes Recipe
Posted in: Appetizers
Sep 12, 2016
3 out of 5 with 99 ratings
2 cups flour1 teaspoons baking powder¼ teaspoon onion powder1 ½ teaspoons salt¼ teaspoon black pepper1 teaspoon sugar51 egg¾ cup clam juice¼ cup milk8 oz. ( ½ pound) of chopped clams, cooked and drained⅓ cup linguica or chourico
- It is not necessary to cook the linguica or chourico before adding to batter.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the egg, clam juice, and milk.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, a little at a time, stirring well until the mixture is sticky.
- Mix in clams and linguica or chourico.
- Drop by tablespoon into medium hot oil in a deep fryer or heavy skillet. A good starting temperature is 375 degrees.
- The clam cakes will float; turn them over gently as they rise to fully cook both sides. Do not overload the cooker, as this will reduce heat too much. Drain on paper towels. These are best while still warm, but can be served at room temperature as well.
Recipe & Photo Credit: everydayportuguese.com
You Might Also Like These