A collection of popular Portuguese food recipes from mainland Portugal, the Azores, Madeira and around the world.
Portuguese Chouriço Stew Recipe
3 out of 5 with 4 ratings
1 (16 ounce) package chouriço, cut into small pieces1 small onion, chopped1 clove garlic, chopped1 (15 ounce) can canned tomato sauce6 cups water2 small potatoes, diced2 teaspoons red pepper flakes1 dash paprika2 (15 ounce) cans green beans, drained
Get Portuguese ingredients & more
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Saute chourico, onion and garlic until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water and potatoes.
- Season with red pepper and paprika.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in green beans, and simmer 5 to 10 minutes, or until heated through.
Recipe & Photo Credit: John J. Pacheco
You Might Also Like These