Madeira Fried Cornmeal Recipe
Posted in: Side RecipesSat, Sep 17, 2016
4 out of 5 with 51 ratings
- In a saucepan on high heat, add the garlic and olive oil.
- Let it cook for a minute and then add the water, chicken broth, and corn meal. Mix until the corn meal is totally dissolved.
- Add the salt and kale and stir consistently until the water is boiling.
- Turn the heat to low and let it cook for about half an hour while stirring occasionally until the cornmeal thickens.
- Once thickened, pour the mixture into a greased and flat bottomed dish. Let the mixture rest for 2 hours.
- Now cut the corn meal into squares and begin to fry them in a deep frying pan on high heat with vegetable oil.
- Fry them a couple at a time until they are golden brown and then once they are done place them on a platter with papers towels to dry.
- Once they are all done, let them cool for 5 minutes and serve immediately.
Comments(Leave a comment.)
There are no comments for this recipe. (Be the first one to leave a comment.)