This delicious meal is perfect with roasted potatoes or rice.
|Ready In||2 h 15 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 whole chicken (about 2 lbs)150 grams presunto, cubed4 large ripe tomatoes (skinned and seeded)10-12 shallots70 grams of butter in piecesOlive oil2 tbl mustard4 cloves garlic (bruised)100ml port100ml brandy150ml white wine4 bay leavessalt and pepper to tastePaprika4 tbl fresh parsleyNote: If tomatoes are not in season, it is best to use quality canned tomatoes. Get Portuguese ingredients
- Begin by dividing the chicken into 8 pieces and preheating the oven to 430F.
- Heat a little olive oil and brown the chicken on both sides until crisp.
- In the mean time, chop up the tomatoes, shallots and butter.
- Place the tomatoes in the bottom of a dutch oven or lidded earthenware dish, followed by half of the shallots, half of the presunto, bruised garlic and bay leafs.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dijon, port, brandy, white wine, and parsley and season with salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
- Once the chicken is seared, place the pieces in a single layer in your dish, followed by the butter and the remaining shallots and presunto.
- Pour the liquid mixture over everything, cover and place in the oven for 90 minutes, at which point the chicken should be cooked through.
- Remove the lid from the dish and cook for another 15-30 minutes until the chicken skin is browned and the top layer of onions crisp.
- Serve family style from the dish in which everything was cooked.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
This Portuguese style pizza with linguiça, São Jorge cheese and bolo do caco dough is delicious.
Over the years, the Azoreans have developed a cultivation technique that is 100% free of chemical products. The result is considered to be one of the best pineapples in the world.
Olive oil is extremely beneficial to one's health. Many diseases are cured as a result, and one's appearance improves as well.