This is a short and simple delicious grape jam recipe.
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 and 1/4 lbs of black grapes4 cups of water5 cups of sugar3 small sterile jars or two medium ones Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a saucepan , place the grapes and cover with water.
- In medium heat, cover the pan and cook until it boils.
- Pass the grapes through a sieve to drain well, squeeze the grapes to extract the juice (should yield about 6 1/2 cups).
- Pour the juice and and pulp/skins into the pot, add the sugar and stir well.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, just until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove excess foam that forms on the surface.
- Continue cooking until it forms into a thick jam.
- Let it cool, transfer to glass jars and seal well.
I remember the beautiful smell of the grapes cooking. Vavo grew them in the yard. I'd smell them when mowing the lawn. Mom would drain them over night in the cellar hanging in cheesecloth on the clothes line.
6 months ago, Wednesday, May 24, 2023
You might also like:
The Flames Castle Steakhouse & Seafood, 2120 Dundas St E, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Everyone does not have a strong culinary background. In this article, you will find essential culinary tips and tactics that you can put to use right away, whether you're a newbie chef or a seasoned professional...
How to make a Portuguese prego sandwich (garlic steak sandwich) with Michael Santos on this video.