Portuguese Grape Jam Recipe
Posted in: BreakfastMon, Sep 19, 2016
5 out of 5 with 10 ratings
Views: 21584 - Comments 3
2 and 1/4 lbs of black grapes4 cups of water5 cups of sugar Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a saucepan , place the grapes and cover with water.
- In medium heat, cover the pan and cook until it boils.
- Pass through a sieve and squeeze the grapes to extract the juice (should yield about 6 1/2 cups).
- Pour the juice into the pot, add the sugar and stir well.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, just until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove excess foam that forms on the surface.
- Continue cooking until it forms into a thick jam.
- Let it cool, transfer to glass jars and seal well.
Recipe & Photo Credit: ideiasereceitas.com
Lisa Corbin - 2 Weeks ago
I remember the beautiful smell of the grapes cooking. Vavo grew them in the yard. I'd smell them when mowing the lawn. Mom would drain them over night in the cellar hanging in cheesecloth on the clothes line.
[reply] (+0) (-0)