Tarts form Sintra are a traditional and signature Portuguese pastry.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||10 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1.5 pounds “quejio fresco” fresh cheese1 pound sugar10 egg yolks1/2 tablespoon cinnamon1 cup flour3/4 cup water1/2 teaspoon salt Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees fahrenheit.
- Knead the flour with the water together with the salt until it is an even consistency.
- Use a roller to roll the dough very thinly and cut them into circular formed shapes.
- In a bowl, mix the fresh cheese, sugar, cinnamon and egg yolks well.
- Place the mixture into the dough formed shapes.
- Bake them in the oven on a greased baking sheet. Bake then until the centers are cooked, but still soft, for five to ten minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.