Portuguese Tarts from Sintra Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Snacks
Sep 26, 2016
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
1.5 pounds “quejio fresco” fresh cheese1 pound sugar10 egg yolks1/2 tablespoon cinnamon1 cup flour3/4 cup water1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees fahrenheit.
- Knead the flour with the water together with the salt until it is an even consistency.
- Use a roller to roll the dough very thinly and cut them into circular formed shapes.
- In a bowl, mix the fresh cheese (recipe here), sugar, cinnamon and egg yolks well.
- Place the mixture into the dough formed shapes.
- Bake them in the oven on a greased baking sheet. Bake then until the centers are cooked, but still soft, for five to ten minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve.
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These