Lisbon Style Steak Recipe
Posted in: Beef
Oct 4, 2016
4 out of 5 with 20 ratings
4 tenderloin steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick2 tablespoons of butter or margarine1 pint container of heavy cream1/2 teaspoon of black pepper2 tablespoons of brandy1-8 oz. can of mushroomsSalt to taste Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- Over medium heat , melt the butter in a 12 inch skillet.
- Fry the steaks turning them over after 2 minutes or so (you do not want to over cook them at this point as they will finish cooking later).
- Add the cream, mushrooms to the steaks and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the brandy and pepper and simmer over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or fries.