Portuguese Roast Turkey Recipe
Posted in: Xtra RecipesMon, Oct 10, 2016
4 out of 5 with 12 ratings
- Remove packaging. Remove the neck and giblets from both cavities of the turkey.
- Wash the turkey, the neck and giblets in very cold water.
- Rub the inside and outside of the turkey evenly with the salt.
- Slice the lemon in half and rub the inside and outside of the turkey with the lemon half squeezing the juice as you rub.
- Place the used lemon halves inside the cavity.
- Place the butter underneath the turkey skin over the breast
- Sprinkle the paprika, pepper and garlic powder evenly over the turkey leaving a small amount to marinate the cavity.
- Place the neck and gizzards inside the turkey.
- Add the wine and remaining spices into the cavity to marinate.
- Place the celery, onion and carrot inside the cavity.
- Drizzle and rub the Olive oil over the Turkey.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight or up to 48 hours before cooking.
- Take the turkey out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- *Remove the neck and gizzards from the cavity and save in the refrigerator until you are ready to make stock for the turkey stuffing.
- Cook the turkey with the remaining vegetables inside the cavity to add flavor.
- My roaster is over 50 years old and it makes a perfect turkey every time!
- Cook in Roasting pan, or cover with heavy aluminum foil. An average turkey of about 15 pounds will take about 3 hours to cook at 350F.
Comments(Leave a comment.)
There are no comments for this recipe. (Be the first one to leave a comment.)