Cod with Vegetables is a Portuguese recipe for deep fried marinated cod with mixed vegetables.
|Ready In||2 h 55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 lb of cod fillets3 minced garlic cloves1/2 cup of milk2 carrots1 leek1/2 lb of green beans½ bunch of sprouts3 tablespoons of melted butterSalt and pepperJuice of 1 lemonFlourFrying oil Get Portuguese ingredients
- Rinse the cod fish under cold running water to remove surface salt. Place the pieces of cod in a large plastic dish or bowl, cover with water and refrigerate it for 24 hours, change the water several times.
- Drain the water, remove the bones and skin from the cod, cut it into thick strips and place it in a bowl. Season the cod with lemon juice, chopped garlic, ground pepper and the milk. Let it marinade for about an hour.
- Remove the cod from the marinade, drain it, dip it into flour and deep-fry the cod pieces in hot oil, then drain the fish on absorbent paper to remove excess fat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil the vegetables in a pan with water and salt to taste.
- Place the vegetables in the center of a platter, surround with the fried cod, and drizzle it with melted butter and lemon juice.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Opened in 1956, Marisqueira Cervejaria Ramiro is a Lisbon institution. Chef Pedro M.P. Goncalves talks to us about his family-run restaurant known for serving some of the city’s best seafood. All dishes are shared,...
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg, shows you step by step, how to make the popular Portuguese sponge cake (pão de ló ).
Portugal is one of the safest and expat-friendly country in Europe. If you are thinking of moving to Portugal, there are some fantastic locations to live or retire.