Portuguese Shellfish Stew Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesMon, Oct 17, 2016
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
1 uncooked lobster (chopped into quarters)1 pound of raw, peeled and de-veined shrimp1 pound of little mussels or little neck clams (washed)½ pound of scallops½ pound of squid (cut into rings)1 small onion (finely chopped)2 cloves of garlic (minced)¼ cup of olive oil1 cup of Vinho Verde or white wine1 teaspoon of salt1 teaspoon of paprika1 cup of chicken broth2 tablespoons of butter2 tablespoons of chopped cilantroLemon juiceDash of hot sauce * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Saute the onions and garlic in olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat for one minute.
- Add the lobster, and saute for a few minutes on low heat.
- Add the clams, wine, paprika, salt and pepper, cover and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, shrimp, squid, and scallops, cover and cook on medium heat for another 5 minutes or until the clams open.
- Add the butter and continue cooking for another 5 minutes for the butter to thicken the sauce.
- Taste for salt and add hot sauce or more seasonings if you wish.
- Add chopped cilantro and top with a squeeze of lemon juice before serving.
- Serve it with rice.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!