This Portuguese piri piri chicken recipe is an authentic Portuguese dish that will wake up your taste buds.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
3 cloves garlicJuice and zest of one lemonJuice of one orange.60ml olive oil2 tsp of sweet paprika¼ tsp of black pepperPiri piri sauce (to taste)1 tsp of dried oregano1kg chicken pieces with skin on½ tsp of salt1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley (garnish) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Pre-heat the oven to 390 Fahrenheit.
- Place the garlic the lemon juice, orange juice and olive oil in a food processor until you have a rough paste.
- Add the lemon zest, sweet paprika, black pepper, the piri piri sauce and oregano.
- Mix on a low setting until well combined.
- Pour the marinate into a plastic bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces and leave to marinate for at least an hour or overnight is even better.
- Lay the chicken out in a baking dish, sprinkle with salt and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Carefully baste the chicken with the pan juices and serve sprinkled with fresh parsley.
Do not like my food to hurt me. Hot peppers are not my friend. Tried piri piri twice and used only half of the amount listed in the recipes. Discarded the end product. Never again. So, I think I will try using 1/2 t of smoked paprika (in addition to the sweet paprika above).
1 year ago, Sunday, May 8, 2022
Where you get piri piri n what is it
1 year ago, Wednesday, May 4, 2022
You might also like:
How to make Portuguese rice cakes, known as bolos de arroz, are delightful muffins that have enchanted taste buds for generations.
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg, shows you step by step how to make Azorean Chouriço (Portuguese chouriço).
How to make a Portuguese prego sandwich (garlic steak sandwich) with Michael Santos on this video.