Portuguese Piri Piri Chicken Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Poultry
Oct 19, 2016
3 out of 5 with 64 ratings
3 cloves garlicJuice and zest of one lemonJuice of one orange.60ml olive oil2 tsp of sweet paprika¼ tsp of black pepper½ tsp of piri piri sauce1 tsp of dried oregano1kg chicken pieces with skin on½ tsp of salt1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley (garnish)
- Pre-heat the oven to 390 Fahrenheit.
- Place the garlic the lemon juice, orange juice and olive oil in a food processor until you have a rough paste.
- Add the lemon zest, sweet paprika, black pepper, the piri piri sauce and oregano.
- Mix on a low setting until well combined.
- Pour the marinate into a plastic bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces and leave to marinate for at least an hour or overnight is even better.
- Lay the chicken out in a baking dish, sprinkle with salt and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Carefully baste the chicken with the pan juices and serve sprinkled with fresh parsley.
You Might Also Like These