Portuguese Piri Piri Chicken Recipe
Posted in: ChickenThu, Oct 20, 2016
3 out of 5 with 136 ratings
Views: 94215 - Comments 3
3 cloves garlicJuice and zest of one lemonJuice of one orange.60ml olive oil2 tsp of sweet paprika¼ tsp of black pepperPiri piri sauce (to taste)1 tsp of dried oregano1kg chicken pieces with skin on½ tsp of salt1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley (garnish) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Pre-heat the oven to 390 Fahrenheit.
- Place the garlic the lemon juice, orange juice and olive oil in a food processor until you have a rough paste.
- Add the lemon zest, sweet paprika, black pepper, the piri piri sauce and oregano.
- Mix on a low setting until well combined.
- Pour the marinate into a plastic bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces and leave to marinate for at least an hour or overnight is even better.
- Lay the chicken out in a baking dish, sprinkle with salt and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Carefully baste the chicken with the pan juices and serve sprinkled with fresh parsley.
Recipe & Photo Credit: sprinklesandsprouts.com.au
Joseph - 1 Year ago
Do not like my food to hurt me. Hot peppers are not my friend. Tried piri piri twice and used only half of the amount listed in the recipes. Discarded the end product. Never again. So, I think I will try using 1/2 t of smoked paprika (in addition to the sweet paprika above).
[reply] (+1) (-0)
Carlos Gomes - 1 Year ago
Where you get piri piri n what is it
You can make your own Carlos, it a pepper sauce, here is a recipe: https://portugueserecipes.ca/recipe/1200/26/Authentic-Portuguese-Piri-Piri-Sauce-Recipe
1 Year ago