This Portuguese fried cod cakes recipe is very simple to make and delicious, enjoy.
|Ready In||2 h 55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 lb of bacalhau (salted cod)4 tablespoons of corn flour4 egg yolks5 tablespoons of olive oil4 egg whites2 teaspoons of chopped parsley1 teaspoon of lemon juice Get Portuguese ingredients
- Before doing this recipe, you must first soak the cod for 24 to 48 hours, changing the water 3-4 times during that period.
- Boil the cod for about 20 minutes, remove bone and de-flake it.
- Shred the cod with your hands into small pieces.
- Mix the cornflour with the egg yolks in a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, chopped parsley, and the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Add the cod to the batter, mix well and mold/form into small cakes.
- Fry in olive oil in a saucepan on high heat until they are golden.
what happened to the parsley potatoes onions crushed red pepper never heard of useing lemon juice and been doing this for over 60 yrs this has got to be from theislands not the main land
1 year ago, Wednesday, June 1, 2022
You might also like:
How to make a tosta mista sandwich, a popular Portuguese and Brazilian sandwich that consists of ham and cheese toasted between two slices of bread.
This list of the top 10 most popular Portuguese pork recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca was compiled using the amount of views.
Portugal is located in southwest Europe, it shares its western and southern borders with Spain and is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean to the west and south, Lisbon is the capital and largest city of Portugal.