Portuguese Fish Stew Recipe
- In a large dutch oven or pot, melt the butter, add the chopped onion, red pepper, chilli pepper, and garlic.
- Saute until its soft.
- Add the chourico or linguica sausage and cook for a few minutes longer.
- Add the canned tomatoes and diced potatoes if you are using it.
- Add oregano, thyme, salt and ground pepper.
- Stir until it is well combined and add the stock or combination of stock and wine.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the mussels, let cook for a few minutes, then add in other fish and simmer a little longer until cooked, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and add hot pepper sauce if needed (to taste).
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These