Portuguese Fish Stew Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesThu, Oct 20, 2016
4 out of 5 with 4 ratings
1 onion3 tablespoons butter1 red pepper1 teaspoon oregano4 cloves garlic1 teaspoon thyme1 chilli pepper1 8oz can of diced tomatoes 1 lb Portuguese sausage (linguica or chourico cut into small pieces)2 boxes of chicken broth or 4 cups of homemade chicken stock.1/2 lb shrimp, 1/2 lb scallops, 1 lb haddock, 1 lb of mussels2 Potatoes (diced)Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)Fresh parsleyHot pepper sauce of your choice * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- In a large dutch oven or pot, melt the butter, add the chopped onion, red pepper, chilli pepper, and garlic.
- Saute until its soft.
- Add the chourico or linguica sausage and cook for a few minutes longer.
- Add the canned tomatoes and diced potatoes if you are using it.
- Add oregano, thyme, salt and ground pepper.
- Stir until it is well combined and add the stock or combination of stock and wine.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the mussels, let cook for a few minutes, then add in other fish and simmer a little longer until cooked, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and add hot pepper sauce if needed (to taste).
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!