This traditional Portuguese farturas recipe is a combination of funnel cake and churros and is very popular in Portugal.
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 cups of water2 cups of flour2 tablespoons of butter3 tablespoons of sugarRind of 1 lemon1 egg1 teaspoon of baking powder1 teaspoon of saltCooking OilPowdered sugar (to taste)Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Place the water, butter, sugar, grated lemon rind and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the flour, mixing constantly.
- Put it back on the heat and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, wait till it cools enough and then add the well-beaten egg and baking powder to the dough using your hands so it mixes well.
- With spoons form the dough into long cylinder shapes and deep fry them in hot oil until they are golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and sprinkle them with powdered sugar.
- Serve while hot.
Like this recipe? Add a comment!
Hello, for step number 2 “Remove the pan from the heat and add the flour, mixing constantly and cook for another 5 minutes.” When it says Cook for five minutes do we put it back on heat or let it cook while mixing for 5 minutes without heat?
5 months ago, Saturday, June 11, 2022