Portuguese Farturas (Sweet) Recipe
Posted in: Cookies
Oct 24, 2016
3 out of 5 with 57 ratings
2 cups of water2 cups of flour2 tablespoons of butter3 tablespoons of sugarRind of 1 lemon1 egg1 teaspoon of baking powder1 teaspoon of saltCooking Oil
- Place the water, butter, sugar, grated lemon rind and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the flour, mixing constantly and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, wait till it cools enough and then add the well-beaten egg and baking powder to the dough using your hands so it mixes well.
- With spoons form the dough into long cylinder shapes and deep fry them in hot oil until they are golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and sprinkle them with sugar.
- Serve while hot.