Portuguese Farturas (Sweet) Recipe
- Place the water, butter, sugar, grated lemon rind and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the flour, mixing constantly. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the well-beaten egg and baking powder to the batter using your hands so it mixes well.
- Form the dough into long cylinder shapes and deep fry them in hot oil until they are golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and sprinkle them with sugar.
- Serve while hot.
You Might Also Like These