Portuguese Farturas (Sweet) Recipe
Posted in: Cookies
Oct 24, 2016
3 out of 5 with 38 ratings
2 cups of water2 cups of flour2 tablespoons of butter3 tablespoons of sugarRind of 1 lemon1 egg1 teaspoon of baking powder1 teaspoon of saltCooking Oil Get these ingredients & more
- Place the water, butter, sugar, grated lemon rind and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the flour, mixing constantly. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the well-beaten egg and baking powder to the batter using your hands so it mixes well.
- Form the dough into long cylinder shapes and deep fry them in hot oil until they are golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and sprinkle them with sugar.
- Serve while hot.