Portuguese Codfish Soufflé Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesThu, Oct 27, 2016
4 out of 5 with 9 ratings
- Leave the cod to soak with water for 48 hours in the refrigerator, change the water about four or five times. Remove the codfish from the water, dry it and shred it.
- In a pan with the olive oil, add the onion and the garlic, both finely chopped, and let them fry a little. Add the shredded codfish and let it cook in low heat.
- Meanwhile, boil the milk, on a different pan, render the butter and sprinkle it with flour. Let them cook for about a minute. Add the milk to the butter, slowly, and stir for about five minutes, until you get a thick sauce.
- Add the codfish that is lightly fried, remove from the heat, add the egg yolks one by one, never stop mixing, add the cream and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients and set aside.
- Sprinkle the egg whites with a pinch of salt and whip them into stiff peaks. Mix one fourth of the egg whites with the codfish, then add remaining egg whites. Mix all the ingredients gently.
- Place the mixture in a soufflé pan and put it into the oven, already hot, bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take it out from the oven and serve.
Comments(Leave a comment.)
There are no comments for this recipe. (Be the first one to leave a comment.)