This Portuguese orange and vanilla biscuits recipe creates great flavorful biscuits that are perfect for dunking in coffee, tea or some Port wine.
|Ready In||2 h 25 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1/2 cup of sugar2 eggs1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted1 grated zest of 1 orange1 teaspoon of vanilla powder2 tablespoons of orange juice1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder2 cups of all purpose flour1/4 teaspoon salt Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar for about 3 minutes. Add the butter, vanilla, juice and zest and beat for about 1 more minute.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix gently until the dough comes together. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 24 balls and then on a floured surface, roll each ball into the shape you want.
- Bake the biscuits for 12 to 14 minutes or until they are slightly golden brown.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this video, tia Maria shows you how to make Portuguese bifanas. This savory pork sandwich with sauteed onions on a crusty papo seco (Portuguese roll) will melt in your mouth.
Fish is delicious and nutritious, but it can really make your home stink sometimes, here is a tip on how to get rid of fish smell in your home.
Cooking a can of condensed milk is a simple process that can be done in a few different ways. Here are three methods.