Portuguese Orange and Vanilla Biscuits Recipe
Posted in: CookiesSat, Oct 29, 2016
4 out of 5 with 44 ratings
Views: 57341 - Comments 0
1/2 cup of sugar2 eggs1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted1 grated zest of 1 orange1 teaspoon of vanilla powder2 tablespoons of orange juice1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder2 cups of all purpose flour1/4 teaspoon salt Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar for about 3 minutes. Add the butter, vanilla, juice and zest and beat for about 1 more minute.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix gently until the dough comes together. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 24 balls and then on a floured surface, roll each ball into the shape you want.
- Bake the biscuits for 12 to 14 minutes or until they are slightly golden brown.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Paula, myportuguesekitchen.com *