Portuguese Garlic Steak Sandwich Recipe
Posted in: Beef
Nov 1, 2016
3 out of 5 with 52 ratings
½ lb of steak, sliced2-3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced3 tablespoons of butter½ cup of red wine½ large onion, thinly sliced½ teaspoon of coarse black pepper½ teaspoon of coarse sea salt2 crusty sandwich buns Get these ingredients & more
- Lay out steaks on a work surface and stick the garlic slices in slits cut with a knife.
- In 1-1/2 tablespoons of butter, fry each steak for 3 to 4 minutes, turning once. Once done, set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the other 1-1/2 tablespoons of butter and saute the onion until it is golden bown, transfer the onion to the same dish as the steaks and set aside.
- Pour the red wine into the same skillet used to cook the steaks and onions and simmer over medium-high heat until liquid is reduced by about half.
- Add the steaks and onions on the skillet with the wine, season with salt and pepper, and cook another minute on both sides or until hot.
- Serve the steaks and onions on warm crusty rolls.