Portuguese Cabbage Soup Recipe
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Nov 1, 2016
3 out of 5 with 50 ratings
4 cups of cabbage sliced into 1 inch strips4 carrots2 large potatoes8 cups of water1 large onion1/2 cup of rice1 clove garlic3 tbsp Olive oil1 chicken bouillon cube1 tsp of pepper1 tsp of saltCrushed red pepper flakes Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- In a large soup pan filled with the water, add the carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, chicken cube, salt, and 1 cup of cabbage. Let it come to a boil and cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- When vegetables are cooked, puree the soup with a blender to your desired consistency.
- Add the remaining cabbage, rice and olive oil and cook for another 30 minutes on medium heat.
- Add more water if you find the soup has thickened too much.
- Add fresh cracked pepper and crushed red pepper if desired before serving.